Getting to Bern
- By train: The main railway station of Bern is in walking distance of the UniS building where the conference takes place. There are many direct connections between Bern and many major cities of central Europe such as Berlin, Frankfort, Paris and Milano.
- By car: Freeway A1 and A8 are merging in Bern. Exit Bern-Forsthaus of freeway A1 is the best to reach UniS. Follow the signs to City center. There is a car park in the main train station. Be aware of the high parking fees.
- By plane: Bern’s International Airport Bern-Belpmoos is rather small but offers direct connection to many major cities of Europe such as Berlin, Paris, London and many others.
The International Airports of Zürich, Geneva and Basel offer flights from and to all major cities in Europe and overseas. They have excellent public transportation connections to Bern.
- By bus: Bus number 12 in direction “Länggasse” brings you close to UniS. Get off at the stop “Universität” and go back for about 100 meters. If you are staying in a Hotel in Bern, you will get free one day passes for all busses and trams of the city of Bern,
- By foot: Arriving by train, UniS can be reached in less than 10 minutes by foot. It is best to leave the train station via the “Welle” (Wave) at the western end of the platforms.